When I woke up today and and I checked my WhatsApp message..
I just scrolled and one was from my wife with kiss smiley as usual she sent me every day.. but today it was special as we both completed half a decade of official engagement anniversary.
When you read “half a decade” it feels huge.. even I felt huge.. we survived 5 yrs together.. haha
Today is my Engagement Anniversary and I was just going through my days back on how we survived 5 years officially together. I realized all the ups and downs that had only made our relationship strong.
Many of us think, life gets bounded by a relationship ,you lose your freedom and blah blah.. but let me tell you that a correct relationship will never make you feel that you are bounded.
To be deeply in love is, ofcourse, a great liberating force..
I was nervous about managing everything as I am not that responsible guy.
Being in a relationship teaches you a lot of things. It makes you more mature in a sense that you truly start accepting each other. And acceptance is the biggest gift someone can give.
I feel anniversary engagement is the best phase among all the phases. It being the courtship period has loads of challenges and needs lots of efforts. A Partner should be a partner , having equal rights and responsibilities. It is very important to keep improving your relationship and preparing for bigger responsibility called “Marriage”. Having frequent conversations about future responsibilities, family planning , likes, dislikes, makes your relationship more versatile.
The best thing about memories is making them..
- Romantic dance on stage before 500 people on our engagement day. Who said men aren’t romantic.? I just loved that
- Trip date before marriage – Remember those secret best moments of hugs and kisses? (This is one of the best moments where you kiss, show love, hugs to each other by hiding from friends, relatives) (no one is interested in knowing these details about what you did.)
- Honeymoon to Island
- Scuba diving to overcome her fear for water. Because I feel nothing else brings you closer than overcoming a fear together
- Singapore Malaysia – First foreign trip
- Making blog for our travel – https://SelfTravelItenary.co.in
- Spending 3 yrs, sharing the same desk at office
- Lunch walk, all festive celebration in office
- Sad face in my farewell in office where she knows we both will not be working in same office (Even though it’s sad moment but still a best moments to know about each other love)
- Night out and outing with friends, trips
- Giving me every possible support (This also includes allowing me to go abroad alone for my office work and everyday we talk by phone, WhatsApp , video calls….)
- A beautiful daughter
There are many more and many more to come. This journey has been wonderful in all aspects to me. The fights, the talks, the love, the friendship , everything has been blessed upon me by none other than you.
I feel , these are three strong points which will help to go longer in relationship :-
1. Count Percentage Of Good Days
When you spend time together , there are going to be some bad days. But I always tell her “whenever we have a off day or bad day, just speak to each other with open heart and don’t keep anything inside you”
“The less you speak, it is more dangerous and more you speak, less trouble..”
If you have 10 bad days in 1 year then just make this calculation in mind :-
10/365*100 = 2.73% , which means you have 97% good times and we should not get distracted because of fraction of this bad moment’s.
2. Generate Memories & Special Moments Alone and Together
Keeping a relationship alive needs memories and special moments.
As much as it may be a couple thing, you need individual memories and special moments too.
To keep a relationship fresh and exciting, you need to experience things separately and then come together.
This can certainly make you relish your togetherness more.
3. Give A Space To Each Other In Every Possible Way
By learning how to give space in a relationship, you’d learn to keep the excitement alive by becoming a better individual with your own special qualities and memories.
And as long as you have something new to share with your lover, your relationship will stay happy and exciting!
First half decade went super and looking forward more better in second half decade.