I have always had friends who are of same age or older than me and I can see lot of them in a successful career, successful jobs, beautiful partners, whatever it was but I saw a lack of sense of fulfillment, meaning and a purpose and their lives.
You can have many people who are 5 years older than you, 7 years older than you, may be 10 years older than you. Just ask them this question – “Is That The Life You Want?” and most of them wil give answer as – “NO”
The same question ask to yourself – “Is that the Life You Want?”
Look at yourself in next 10,15 or 20 years and ask yourself the question, “Is there I want to be?”. This questions should able to give clarity in your life.
Look at this example :-
- If you are in a company then look at the person who is 20 years older than you and ask yourself, “Is There I Want to Be?”
- If you are a tech startup company then look at the other startup company and ask yourself, “Is There I Want to Be?”
If the answer is No, then you need to find a new path.
We live in an echo chamber and surrounded by the same thinking.
We meet people who are just like us most of the time.
That’s the common things happen all the time.
- If you want to be a billionaire, then spend time with billionaire
- If you want to be a millionaire, then spend time with millionaire
- If you want to be a tech startup then spend time with Startup people.
There is beautiful quotes said by Philosopher and writer Charles Cooley :-
“Today I’m not what I think I am, I’m not what you think I am, I am what I think you think I am”
You can’t be what you can’t see,
If I never saw a monk, I would never want to be a monk,
If I never meet a billionaire, then I wouldn’t want to be one.
Most of the time, we don’t know what it fees like, we don’t know what it looks like, we don’t know what it takes.
That’s the biggest challenge of society that we are not exposed.
So, if you want to find a purpose and master the mind,
first step is just to open yourself up to new experience and new role models &
Ask this question every time, “Is That The Life You Want ? Is There I Want to Be?”